Numerous programmers want to create and integrate their dapps with the recently launched Cronos chain. If you’re going to complete this task, you’ve come to the right place. This article will teach you how to quickly and easily connect dapps to Cronos. Thanks to the ultimate Web3 tech stack, you’ll be able to complete this process in less than seven minutes if you follow our lead! Do you know why Cronos chain is beneficial for launching your dApp?
The Cronos Network explained
The Cronos network went live in 2021. It has been running in parallel with the Crypto.org blockchain since then. Cronos is also closely linked to Crypto.com; after all, it powers the exchange’s “Pay” feature. It’s also worth noting that Crypto.com has been around since 2016. Furthermore, this organization is responsible for the Crypto.org and Cronos blockchains.
Remember that the Cronos blockchain is EVM-compatible. It enables inter-blockchain communications (IBC) between networks that use the Cosmos SDK. Cronos, after all, was built on Cosmos and is thus compatible with Ethereum and Cosmos-based ecosystems. As a result of this high level of interoperability, developers can easily port Ethereum dapps and smart contracts.
Furthermore, you may have heard the term “CRO” before. The latter is the Cronos network’s base settlement currency. On the other hand, CRO was the native token of the Crypto.org chain.
Cronos’ consensus mechanism is based on the proof-of-stake (PoS) concept. This means that Cronos network validators stake a portion of their assets to validate transactions. This also encourages network participants to behave well. Nonetheless, it is worth noting that the primary advantage of using PoS is scalability. After all, this is one of the primary reasons Ethereum switched from a proof-of-work (PoW) mechanism to a proof-of-stake (PoS) mechanism (The Merge). Of course, PoS is better for the environment.
Why launch Dapps to the Cronos chain?
Blockchain technology already provides numerous opportunities and trustworthy chains. However, none of the blockchains are perfect; each has advantages and disadvantages. As a result, you must choose which chain to concentrate on. So, why create and integrate dapps with Cronos? The following arguments from Cronos.org may help you decide whether or not to give Cronos a try.
- Ethermint, a platform that enables the quick porting of dapps and smart contracts from Ethereum and other EVM-compatible chains, is the foundation upon which Cronos is built.
- Cronos’ network can process more transactions per minute than Ethereum’s. As a result, it is both faster and less expensive.
- Executing smart contracts on the Cronos network is also carbon-neutral.
- The IBC protocol enables interoperability and bridging to the Crypto.org chain and other chains that support it (e.g., Cosmos Hub).
- Cronos is an open-source network. Anyone in the community is welcome to review and make suggestions to improve Cronos.
How to connect Dapps to Cronos
Essentially, you must complete the three steps listed below:
- Clone the ultimate EVM boilerplate, which can be found on GitHub.
- Configure specific environment variables and connect to Cronos or any other EVM-compatible chain supported.
- Begin your Cronos dapp.
That’s all about why Cronos chain is beneficial for launching your dApp. As a result, you learned that Cronos is an EVM-compatible chain based on Cosmos. We also discussed some of the key benefits of this programmable chain, which may inspire you to create dapps and connect them to Cronos. Furthermore, now that you’ve mastered the fundamentals, you’ve had the opportunity to see a demo of our boilerplate. Contact SmartOSC if you are interested in blockchain development.
Contact us if you have any queries about Blockchain development services, dApps development, NFT marketplace development, Crypto wallet development, Smart contracts development.